Another year, another thirst quenching #BeTheBrewer beer
We’ve now built three (yes, three!) beers with the help of Albertans, some of the province’s best breweries, and of course Alberta Beer Festivals through the Brightside #BeTheBrewer contest.
2021’s #BeTheBrewer beer is a wrap and Your Wish is Pomegranted Saskatoon Pomegranate Wheat Ale is now on tap at select locations. Before it hits your lips, let’s reminisce about how this year’s brew came to be through the magic of co-creation.
- In March, we kicked off the contest with Alberta Beer Festivals, the Brew Master Program at Olds College and enlisted the help of a few of the province’s best local breweries (Bitter Sisters and SYC Brewing) to help build this summer's most enchanting brew.
- This year, we wanted to build a beer that spreads good vibes only. To bring some positivity and hope for the summer ahead, we added a theme - optimism - to this year’s contest.
- With optimism in our minds we enlisted Albertans to help us build a beer, from style to name to a bold and creative label design. Albertans showed their inner hoptimist with every vote and submission along the way. Creating a unique brew that’s built for you, by you.
- 4 months, 5 stages, and thousands of votes later we’ve got a brew - Your Wish is Pomegranted Saskatoon Pomegranate Wheat Ale! It’s fruity yet tart, punchy but balanced, with light malt and minimal hops... but most of all, we want you to taste it!
Give it a try at select breweries
Thirsty? Say no more! You can try Your Wish is Pomegranted at:
- Bitter Sisters in Calgary
- SYC Brewing in Edmonton
- Beer Revolution in Edmonton
- select Brewsters locations in Calgary and Edmonton (Oliver Square, Lake Bonavista, McKenzie Towne)
- Olds College Brewery in Olds
Plus, score a Friends with Benefits top up while you're at it to save you extra!
Cheers Brightsider, this brew’s for you!